About Me

My photo
I started writing seriously while I was raising a family and working full time. Somehow, I managed to carve out time to write, a little at a time. For me, researching the history behind the stories was as engrossing as writing the stories themselves. I put my writing away when my daughters were teenagers, but after they were grown and I had retired, I pulled out the old manuscripts, rewrote, researched some more and edited - and edited again. Recently, I've been able to publish my first two novels: Fighting Chance, A Novel of the Wyoming Territory and River Song, A Romance of the Missouri. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed the process of writing!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Journey of a Writer into Authorship

Back in the Day
I'm excited about having been published on Amazon Kindle.  Actually, getting published is a milestone for any writer who aspires to be an author.  In my case, it was a long time coming.  Writing Fighting Chance, a Novel of the Wyoming Territory, began when my daughter could still be persuaded to take a nap.  Now, my sweet child puts her own baby down for naps.
War and Peace probably didn't take as long to write, but, unlike Tolstoy, I had a day job and no servants.  It's been a wonderful journey, all the same!
I'm also learning from other writers, and exploring their blogs to see how they publish and market their books.  An interesting blog I found today is On Writing and (sometimes) Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to leave comments. I'll reply to all questions within a week, and errors in the posts will be acknowledged in the comment area. Feel free to disagree with my points if there is need for disagreement, but keep in mind that all off-topic comments, disparaging comments, comments with more than one link, and comments that include profanity will be deleted.